Arsene Wenger set to confirm future plans after emerging as favourite for Real Madrid job

Arsene Wenger set to confirm future plans after emerging as favourite for Real Madrid job

Arsene Wenger admits he is mulling his next move in football after the former Arsenal boss emerged as favourite for the Real Madrid job.

The Frenchman's 22 years with Arsenal ended at the end of last season after he mutually agreed with the board to step down.

The Gunners have since appointed Unai Emery and Wenger's unsure whether he wants to continue in football and indeed in what capacity.

Wenger has emerged as the bookmakers' favourite for the Real Madrid job following Zinedine Zidane's resignation and Wenger admits he will make a decision in the next two weeks.

'It is a question which I will have to answer in the next 15 days. I still have the desire to be a coach, yes,' Wenger told Telefoot.

'Do I still have to desire to throw myself into a crazy challenge? I don't know.

'It is a job that needs total commitment. I need to take a bit of a space which I have never done.

'What will influence me? What is inside me. How much I miss being a coach. How I manage to live without this adrenaline which is part of being a coach and influencing a football match. To experience a beautiful game of football and share it with others after a the game the emotions.

'It is not a devil - it is an angel.Football has allowed me to meet amazing people, who have offered their hand and who have helped me do what I have done.'

Emery was announced as Arsenal boss after an extensive interview process.

Mikel Arteta had been the favourite to replace Wenger but the Arsenal board vetoed a move for the Spaniard and backed Emery's greater experience.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...