Fabinho Sends Message To Nabil Fekir After Completing Liverpool Transfer

New Liverpool midfielder Fabinho has urged Lyon star Nabil Fekir to join him at Liverpool after the Brazilian completed a stunning £44m move to Anfield on Monday.

The Merseysiders wrapped up a deal for Fabinho in rapid style, but while the 24-year-old was posing for photographs and signing his contract, another target, Fekir, was in action for France against Ireland.

Liverpool are believed to view Fekir - who scored against Ireland - as the perfect replacement for Philippe Coutinho and will pursue a deal in the coming weeks.

And Fabinho, who has been tasked with trying to stop Fekir when Monaco have faced off again Lyon, believes he would be a superb signing for the Reds.

Asked if he wanted Fekir to join him at Liverpool, Fabinho told RMC Sport: 'Yes!

'He is a very good player, of international level. In Ligue 1, it is not only this season that he has shown things.

'It's been a few years of him demonstrating his quality. If he comes, it will be good too.'

Although Liverpool were reportedly close to signing Fekir, the Frenchman has since played down speculation that a move is imminent and repeated that stance after taking on Ireland on Monday.

Informed about Fabinho's move to Liverpool, Fekir said: 'If Fabinho will be my future team-mate? I will discuss about my future after the World Cup, not before.

'If I will sign somewhere before the World Cup? Honestly, I don't know.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...