Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Speaks on Moving to Real Madrid

Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Speaks on Moving to Real Madrid

The Egypt international has seen his fine form for the Reds spark talk of another big-money move, but he claims to be "happy at Anfield" for now

Mohamed Salah has shrugged off links to Real Madrid, with the Liverpool forward ignoring the rumours as he is "happy at Anfield".

Despite having only returned to England in the summer of 2017, the former Chelsea star is already generating speculation regarding another big-money move.

His fine form since arriving on Merseyside has sparked the transfer talk, with a 23-goal haul attracting admiring glances from afar.

Real Madrid are said to want Salah as their next 'Galactico' signing, as they prepare for another summer refresh at Santiago Bernabeu, but the 25-year-old insists he is paying little attention to gossip.

Salah told Soccer Laduma:-

Well, I have heard so many rumours it does not bother me any more.

"But I have been treated very well at Liverpool and right now, I belong to Liverpool and I am happy at Anfield

"Let us leave it at that."

While drawing interest from Madrid, Salah's exploits for Liverpool - and previously at Roma - have also seen him crowned as the African Player of the Year for 2017

The Egypt international hopes that award will be followed by many more individual and collective prizes, with the talented frontman eager to force his way to the very top of the game.

He added on his future ambition: "I want to win this award again next year and the year after and perhaps 20 times

"I want to be one of the greatest players ever to come out of Egypt.

"I am aware of previous players from my country that have achieved a lot, but, meaning no disrespect to any of them, I want to be remembered as the greatest player ever to come from Egypt. 

Salah could take in his first appearance of 2018 on Sunday when Liverpool play host to runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City.

A groin problem has kept him out of the Reds' last two matches, but he has returned to full training and will expect to be in contention when Jurgen Klopp draws up his plans for a crunch clash.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...