Antonio Conte urges Chelsea's board to sign Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal

Antonio Conte urges Chelsea's board to sign Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal

Antonio Conte urged Chelsea to sign Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal by claiming that the Chilean is 'one of the best in the world'.

Manchester City are in pole position to land Sanchez, but may wait until the summer when the 29-year-old is available on a free transfer once his contract expires.

Reports claim that Conte wanted Chelsea's hierarchy to sign Sanchez during the summer, but the Italian does not play a major role in the club's transfer negotiations.

It has also been claimed that Conte has already contacted Arturo Vidal in an attempt to convince the Bayern Munich to join Chelsea.

And the Chelsea manager admits he would welcome both players at Stamford Bridge.

'You are talking about two big and strong players, top players for their roles,' said Conte.

'Vidal is one of the best in the world, but Sanchez is the same as a striker.'

Conte has also clarified his role in Chelsea's transfer business and insists he does not have the final say on which players are signed.

'I'm not involved in the transfer market, I give my opinion but the club decide for the players they want to buy, to invest in,' said Conte.

'I trust in my club and I'm sure they will take the best decision for the team.

'In this case when I tell that I give my opinion to the club, I try to tell where are the roles we can improve also on the numerical aspect because in some roles we don't have a couple of players.

'Or there is a young player that is not ready to play with the first team.

'If the club ask me some names I try to do this but then it's the club, it's the club that decides the name, the investment, which is the best player for the team.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...