'I Will Keep Getting Better'- Record Breaking Harry Kane Speaks

'I Will Keep Getting Better'- Record Breaking Harry Kane Speaks

Tottenham striker Harry Kane says being compared to Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo is a "great feeling" - but has vowed to get even better.

Kane, 24, surpassed Alan Shearer's record for Premier League goals in a calendar year with a hat-trick in Tuesday's 5-2 win over Southampton.

He has 39 top-flight goals in 2017 and 56 when you include England strikes - making him the top scorer in Europe when club and country are combined.

"It's been a fantastic year," he said.

"It is always about improving every year. That's what I always have done throughout my career and it is what I will continue to do."

Kane's hat-trick - just three days after a treble against Burnley - meant he ends 2017 with two more goals then Messi has scored for Argentina and Barcelona and three more than Ronaldo's tally for Portugal and Real Madrid.

"To get compared to those players - the Messis and Shearers - is what it is all about," said Kane.

"Messi and Ronaldo have dominated football for so long and are two of the best players ever. Even to be compared with them is a great feeling."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...