Wayne Rooney Admits His Everton Wonder Goal Might Be His Best Goal Ever

Wayne Rooney Admits His Everton Wonder Goal Might Be His Best Goal Ever

Everton striker Wayne Rooney has revealed that he's never before "struck a football better" than he did when scoring from inside his own half to complete his first Everton hat trick.

Wayne Rooney had already scored twice in the first half when West Ham goalkeeper Joe Hart cleared the ball away to midfield, where it fell to Rooney to belt home a drive into the gaping net from 60 yards out.

At 32, Rooney has scored nine hat trick in his career, but the previous eight came for Manchester United, and he said he was thrilled to record his first for Everton in the 4-0 win.

Asked if he has ever scored a better goal than the one which clinched his treble, Rooney told BT Sport: "I don't think so. It's one of, if not, the best goal I've scored. I hit it as well as I've ever kicked a football. "To make it my first hat trick for Everton, I'm delighted."

Rooney's hat trick was his first in the Premier League since Sept. 10, 2011, when he helped United beat Bolton 5-0. The gap between the two hat tricks is the longest by any player in Premier League history, according to Opta.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...