Manchester United are lining up a fresh move for out of favour Chelsea star Willian in January, according to the Sunday Express.
Jose Mourinho attempted to sign one of his former Stamford Bridge favourites in the summer but was unable to persuade the Brazil international to move north and follow in the footsteps of Nemanja Matic.
After starring for Chelsea during Mourinho's ill-fated final season in west London, Willian has struggled to cement a regular place in Antonio Conte's starting XI following the Italian's switch to a 3-4-3 formation.
The former Shakhtar Donetsk winger admitted he held talks with Mourinho last summer before eventually deciding to try and fight for his Chelsea future.
'I had contact with Manchester United but I was not close to leaving,' Willian told UOL.
'Of course, sometimes you get upset that you're not playing. 'But that doesn't mean you do not like the club or the people who work there.'
Chelsea are understood to be willing to allow the 29-year-old depart after three-and-a-half seasons at the club and this week have been linked with a swap deal involving PSG's own out of favour Brazilian, Lucas Moura.
Earlier this week Mourinho was also said to be preparing a move for David Luiz who has recently fallen foul of Conte's strict regime and has been dropped from the champions' last two matches.
Mourinho is said to still be frustrated at having failed to land Inter winger Ivan Perisi in the summer and has also lined up a move for Valencia's Carlos Soler who could be available for £45million in January.