I bleached because I wanted roles in Nigerian movies - Ghanaian Actress Ella Mensah

Ella Mensah who yesterday revealed that she bleached with an injection which costs £2,000, has further revealed that she bleached her skin to get roles in Nigerian movies in an interview with Delay.

According to Ella Mensah, she was dark before going to Nigerian but bleached her skin to get roles in Nigerian movies because that was the only way she thought she could fit in. She said "I've bleached. I don'ht use creams, I use injection". She had before now revealed that Nigerian movie producers and directors prefer giving roles to light-skinned actresses, at the detriment of talented dark skinned actresses.

I bleached because I wanted roles in Nigerian movies - Ghanaian Actress Ella Mensah

If you are a dark-skinned person, your talent alone is not going to push you up because a producer once told me that I have the height, the body and that I am look attractive'' she explained in an interview with Sammy Flexx on Zylofon Fm.

The actress who added that bleaching is her decision, added that it has helped her become acceptable in the Nigerian movie industry, She said ''I thought about it and it is my own skin and thank God I am not going to hurt or kill anybody. So I did it because I love it and also partly because of my job'.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...