I have nothing against Christians in Kaduna state - Governor El-Rufai says

Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has denied claims that he does not like Christians in the state.

I have nothing against Christians in Kaduna state - Governor El-Rufai says

Speaking during a Town Hall Meeting with a group of pastors under the auspices of 'Pastors United For Change Association' held in Kaduna yesterday February 9th, Governor El-Rufai reiterated that he has nothing against Christians in the state, adding that his choice of running mate, Dr.Hadiza Balarabe, who is a muslim and also from Sanga local government area of Southern Kaduna, was purely on her capacity to deliver and not based on religious sentiment.

Speaking at the meeting, the governor said

"In my life, I have never worked with people based on religious and ethnic consideration. Don't look at what people said but what I have done in the past. Go through my records and see what I have done. On the issue of my running mate, we are encouraging women participation in politics. She is a competent woman.

"Late Prof. Andrew Nok, our late Commissioner for Education, brought Hadiza Balarabe when we were looking for someone that can revive our primary health in the state and she performed excellently well. I don't know her before. Her choice as a running mate has nothing to do with religion‎. I am confident that my running mate will run the state effectively and will be fair to all in the state even if I am not around".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...