Jimi Agbaje takes swipe at The Oba of Lagos over 2015 'hate speech'

The Lagos State PDP governorship candidate, Jimi Agbaje on Wednesday took a swipe at the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akinolu over a statement the monarch made in 2015.

Jimi Agbaje takes swipe at The Oba of Lagos over 2015 'hate speech'

Recall the monarch had mentioned that anyone who went against the ruling party then would be banished into the waters.

'Jimi is my blood relation, and I told him he can never be Governor in Lagos now and if you [the crowd] do what I want then Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against this you will be banished to the water! Finished!" the king said

Jimi however made an attempt to enlighten the people, especially visitors in Lagos and assuring them that they are not hated by the state, but by the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.

Responding to this, Jimi Agbaje twitted this morning, saying:

On Lagos and the Igbos: the narrative that Lagos dislikes the Igbos is extremely false. Oh yes, Lagos does not dislike the Igbos, your political establishment does. The royal utterance of 2015 is still fresh on the mind of the entire electorate'.

On Lagos and the Igbos: The narrative that Lagos dislikes the Igbos is extremely false.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...