I Will Work Against APC Governorship Candidate - Amosun Vows

I Will Work Against APC Governorship Candidate - Amosun Vows

Ibikunle Amosun, Ogun State Governor has vowed to work against APC governorship candidate even though it is his party.

Amosun who spoke on Monday in Abeokuta at a stakeholders meeting of the APC which was attended by his preferred governorship candidate and the flagbearer of Allied Peoples Movement (APM), Adekunle Akinlade, said he would not leave the APC and would contest the Ogun central senatorial election on the platform of the party next year.

The Ogun State Governor who also pledged to work for the president's re-election bid, vowed to work against APC governorship candidate and ensure the success of Mr Akinlade and other aggrieved members in their new party.

This disclosure came after 26 aggrieved candidates of the APC loyal to the governor, announced their defection to the APM.

"When these people came, they told me they are leaving the APC, I said 'no' but I couldn't stop them. In fact, Akinlade has my full support.

" I am not going to stop him, everything I have, I will use to support him. Let them try whatever they want to try, we also have our strategies and I am not going to hide behind one finger," the governor said.

Recall that Mr Akinlade won a controversial governorship primary of the APC conducted by the party in the state. However, a panel sent by the headquarters of the party conducted a separate primary which produced Dapo Abiodun. Mr Abiodun is said to be the favoured candidate of ex-Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, and his former Ogun State counterpart, Olusegun Osoba.

"I remain in APC because that's what those people want, they want us to leave APC but they are joking.

" I will stay in APC to ensure that Buhari wins in Ogun State and to let them know that they can't subvert the will of the state.

"Every day, I will campaign for President Muhammdu Buhari, we will do everything possible to ensure Buhari wins massively in Ogun, but they should not miss it.

"I, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun, will not support anyone they are bringing," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...