'95% of Nigeria artistes are semi-professional beggars' - Music executive, KC Oguejiofor

'95% of Nigeria artistes are semi-professional beggars' - Music executive, KC Oguejiofor
Nigerian music executive and critic, KC Oguejiofor has said most artistes in the country are 'semi-professional beggars'.

According to him, 'It is not a trend that started now anyways, but the level of begging is partly why we have a messed up industry. An artist that will rant on the Internet about the lack of structure, and government don't do enough to support us, will sit with Bukola Saraki or Alabi yellow without a common sense, Ben Murray-Bruce.

Instead of having intelligent conversations on what they can do to better your industry and protect you and your work, which is your legacy, these idiots will pose for selfies and beg for money they will use to brag on the internet'.

He also added that, 'these beggars will sit with Emeka Offor or Chief Kuku, instead of talking business, value and how to bring investment and Co they will be smiling and drinking free alcohol and discussing how they will bring an actress for the man to congo shine.

Come 2019 I'm not saying I won't collect money if offered, but I will do all I can to make sure that Baba Jfo and Kevin Lucciano win their elections to the Federal house of Assembly. They are young, intelligent and above all have a stake in my industry, and I am definitely certain they will push for reforms that will protect our stakes. If you do not want to be a beggar do the right thing'.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...