5 Women Who Have Declared Intentions To Run For President in 2019

With barely seven months to the 2019 general elections, some Nigerian women have declared their intention to unseat President Buhari - a clear indication that not all women belong only to kitchen, living room and the other room.

Five women have joined the male dominated race for the position of Nigeria's President come 2019.

These women have sighted unemployment, reduction in the standard of living of Nigerians, insecurity as part of the reasons for their action.

Here are women who are hoping to "sack" President Buhari from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in 2019.

1. Funmilayo Adesanya-Davis

Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davis, is a Professor of Language and Communication Arts at the Rivers State University of Education.

The 55-yeasr old who hails from Kwara State holds a Doctor of Divinity (D.D) degree and Professor of Divinity (Honoris Causa) award of Northwestern Christian University, Florida, United States of America.

Professor Adesanya-Davis is also a cleric and founder of the Agape Bible Church.

"I am aspiring to be the next president of Nigeria. I am out to put laughter of joy on the mouth of all," she said.

Adesanya-Davis said she wanted to be former president Goodluck Jonathan's running mate in 2015 adding that Patience Jonathan has endorsed her presidential ambition.

"2015 was when I first thought about being a presidential aspirant. This is for the main reason that I was born October 15th and I got married at October 15th. That time I said with President Goodluck Jonathan in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), I was going to be his running mate. I was sending text messages to him. I told him to let Vice President Namadi Sambo step down for him to be successful but he did not listen to me.

"But delay is not denial. That is why I am staging a come-back. I have done some consultations. The first person to put a call through was Patience Jonathan. I told her that I am picking the presidential form this time around and she endorsed my decision," she announced.

The cleric soon came for President Buhari.

"I will advise Nigerians to calm down for President Muhammadu Buhari. Also the man too is not sleeping. He is not resting. Age too is not on his side. We did all the mathematics and we saw it and opted for it. So that he had to travel for 100 days to take care of his health is not his fault. It is age and we said we believe in him.

"Buhari's governance had to take positive reminiscences to Goodluck Jonathan. An old man cannot combine minister for petroleum ministry with the presidency and it will work. We need them to work hard and get the technocrats to do their jobs again," she declared.

Adesanya-Davis is yet to pitch her tent with a political party.

2. Oluremi Comfort Sonaiya

After a somewhat unsuccessful aim at the 2015 presidency in 2015, Remi Sonaiya is making a second attempt at Nigeria's top job - that of the President.

Sonaiya, 63, is an educationalist, writer and founder of the KOWA Party.

She holds a PhD in Linguistics from Cornell University in America.

Sonaiya believes leadership is Nigeria's biggest problem, a quality she promises to provide if she becomes President in 2019.

3. Elishama Rosemary Ideh

Elishama Rosemary Ideh is running for the position of Nigeria's president on the platform of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN).

In fact, Ideh said she will defeat President Buhari and all other presidential aspirant in 2019.

You heard that right.

Ideh says she would provide articulated workable solutions to address the myriad of problems confronting Nigeria.

"We will confront the monster of corruption with utmost vigour, but with a different mindset from past and current efforts. We will fight corruption in all its tangible and intangible manifestations. We will strive to enhance the Independence and autonomy of the EFCC in terms of its funding, privileges, powers and even the composition of its leadership," she said.

"Unlike our opposition, who seek to use the EFCC as an attack dog to fight their opposition while shielding their friends from the consequences of corruption and other misdemeanors, we are confident in giving the EFCC the latitude it needs to carry out its statutory mandate and to prosecute cases without bias or prejudice, simply because we have nothing to hide."

"Nigeria needs a leader who combines integrity with intelligence and a deep and vast understanding of the implications of the 21st global economy and Nigeria's place in it," she added.

4. Adeline Iwuagwu-Emihe

Adeline Iwuagwu-Emihe, an American-trained political administrator is also eyeing President Buhar's job come 2019.

She is running on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alongside Atiku Abubakar and others.

Iwuagwu-Emihe, recently released a ten-point transformational and developmental agenda she hopes to "vigorously" pursue if given the presidential mandate.

"I believe that with the right leadership, equitable distribution and management of the nation's given natural and human resources, it is possible to adequately provide for all citizens both big and small.

"Although the nation's constitution is limited in its pagination, it is huge in its provision for equity and justice for all the people. We must use it as the common ground to love and care for one another," she added.

She expressed her desire and unquantifiable zeal to innovate the country in alignment with the modern socio-political, agro-economics, educational, infrastructural, industrial, judicial, security, technological and quasi-evolutionary process if offered the opportunity by 2019.

5. Eunice Atuejide

Eunice Atuejide, 39, is the founder of the National Interest Party (NIP).

Atuejide is the presidential flagbearer of the NIP.

A legal practitioner, Atuejide has also traveled to at least seventy-six countries and a hundred and thirty cities across the globe.

She speaks Igbo, Yoruba, German, English and French fluently.

Atuejide owns EB Consults Limited - a consultancy company in Nigeria and the United Kingdom.

Eunice Atuejide
Inset: Eunice Atuejide

As the 2019 elections draw closer, most Nigerians have expressed their disappointment in the Buhari administration.

Would you rather vote for a female presidential candidate in 2019?

Drop your comments below.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...