'My Daughter Almost Weeps over Remarks about Me on Social Media' - Femi Adesina .

Femi Adesina, spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, says his daughter "almost cried" over some "misconceptions" she reads about him online.

In an interview with THISDAY, the presidential aide said most of the things said about him on social media are untrue, rather "fabrications" and "twists".

'My Daughter Almost Weeps over Remarks about Me on Social Media' - Femi Adesina .

"I remember my daughter who was in the university then and she called me and was almost crying and said 'all these things I read on social media about you, this is not you," he said.

"I then I told her 'since you know that it is not me, then let your heart be at peace knowing that it is not your daddy, it is a creation of the social media.'"

Adesina said his job as Buhari's spokesman gives him a "sense of fulfillment" because the president is "making a difference" in the country. He also said his joy working for Buhari is that "a lot of Nigerians are with him (the president)."

President Buhari and Femi Adesina
Inset: President Buhari and Femi Adesina

"For me, it gives me a sense of fulfillment that I'm working with a man that is making a difference in Nigeria," he said. "Everyday, I take the challenges as they come.

Don't mind the vocal minority who have access to social media and traditional media and say all sorts of things. They are a vocal minority but the majority of Nigerians are with him, and the polls will show it."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...