How My Husband Packed My Children Inside Sack For Money Rituals - Woman Shocks Court In Ibadan

A divorce-seeking housewife has shocked people in court after she revealed how her own husband packed their children inside a sack for rituals in his desperate move to make money.

File photo
Inset: File photo

A mother of two, Mariam Awal, has asked a grade C customary court in Ibadan to dissolve her four-year-old marriage to Muideen Awal, over allegations of beatings and "desperate ritual indulgence."

In her suit, Mariam, a resident of Kosodo, Oranyan area of Ibadan, claimed that her husband, in his quest to get rich overnight, had concluded plans to use the only two children she had for him for money rituals.

She said the husband packed the two children inside a sack on one particular occasion and headed to an unknown location for the ritual before she caught him and alerted people about the development.

"My lord, the four years in the life of Muideen was hell. My husband used to beat me. He is a troublesome husband. At a point, he sent me out of the house on a trivial issue. But he later came to my parents and apologized to them and they allowed me to go back to his house," she said.

Awal, who was confirmed to have received the court notice from the bailiff, was absent in court.

The president of the court, Chief Ademola Odunade, held that the defendant's absence in court on two consecutive occasions and the couple's separation for four years were an indication that there was no love between them again.

Odunade dissolved the marriage, and awarded the custody of the two children in the marriage to the plaintiff.

He also directed Awal to be paying the sum of N8,000 as monthly feeding allowance for the two children, adding he should regard as paramount their school fees, health care and general welfare.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...