"Police are under pressure to release Omo-Agege," the source said.
"People in the Presidency and Senators close to the Presidency have been calling the IG to release him.
"The IG is torn between allowing due process to be followed, or releasing an ally of the President. The AGF is also torn between filing charges against him, or letting it just slide," the source added.
When contacted, president spokesman, Garba Shehu, however, declined comments on the matter.
Similarly, Police spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, was not available for comments on the matter as calls placed to his cellphone were unsuccessful.
Other related articles...
- Senator Omo-Agege Withdraws His Resumption At Nigerian Senate
- We Are Under Pressure To Release Evans - Police
- Regina Daniels Is NOT Married To Senator Fred Nwoko But Romantically Involved- SDK Source
- Monkey stole N70 million from senators' farm house - Senator Shehu Sani
- Mace Theft: Here are names of 5 arrested suspects
- Falana: Lawyer says Senate can hold proceeding without mace
- BREAKING: Protesters Storm National Assembly, Steal The Senate's Mace