Serving Corps Member (Corper) Gives Out Multiple Wheelchairs To Challenged Students (Photos)

Serving Corps Member (Corper) Gives Out Multiple Wheelchairs To Challenged Students (Photos)

Bolarinwa Blessing Ifeoluwa, a serving youth corps (corper) has on the 13th of March, 2018 donated ten wheelchairs to physically challenged students of the Kebbi State School for Special Needs in Birnin Kebbi metropolis of Kebbi State where she is presently serving.

As part of her personal community development service, she has provided several enabling facilities to students of this school.

Hearing aids were provided for students with mild hearing loss. She also provided sticks for visually-impaired persons and crutches for the physically challenged persons.

Blessing, a graduate of special education from the University of Ibadan has a great passion for people with special needs. In her own words, she says: "I have a great burden for these kids, I can't just leave them the way I met them".

When asked what her future ambitions were, she had this to say: "I intend to further equip myself by pursuing a master's degree.

I also wish to start up a school for people with special needs. I will also start up a foundation that'd cater for the needs of people with special needs."

In attendance was the state coordinator of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Kebbi State, in person of Alh. Lawal Turawai, the head of Community Development Service (CDS) in person of Mr. Yusuf Olatunji,

the state program coordinator of International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), staff of NYSC Kebbi State, Staff of Kebbi State School for Special Needs amidst other dignitaries.

Alh. Turawai, the NYSC state coordinator was greatly impressed by the humanitarian services rendered by Bolarinwa Blessing Ifeoluwa.

He encouraged other corps members in the state to contribute their own quota to the state's development and in turn the nation's.

Two other corps members, Tomiloye 'Seun and Zainab Jantullu also renovated bunks, the toilet, provided beds, mosquito nets, cleaning facilities, and planted trees in the host community.

The services of these corps members should remind other serving corps and Nigerians at large of the need to contribute to the country's development in whatever capacity.

See more photos below:-

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...