Trump Wants Oprah To Run For President - "It Would Be A Painful Experience For Her"

Trump Wants Oprah To Run For President - 'It Would Be A Painful Experience For Her'

US President Donald Trump has suggested that Oprah Winfrey might want to think twice about running against him in 2020, predicting that the campaign "would be a painful experience for her."

Trump brought up the potential 2020 rival at a rally on Saturday night in western Pennsylvania to help GOP congressional candidate Rick Saccone in a special election, where he couldn't help but run through one of the more tantalizing match-ups for his own reelection.

Election Day for the Pennsylvania seat is on Tuesday.

''I would love Oprah to win,'' Trump said, looking to the potential Democratic primary.

''I would love to beat Oprah. I know her weakness. Wouldn't we love to run against Oprah! I would love it. I would love it. That would be a painful experience for her,'' Trump said but did not elaborate on her weakness or why she might find it painful to run.

Winfrey became the source of speculation about run after a powerful speech at the Golden Globes, though she then tamped down the idea.

In an interview with People, she kept alive the possibility of getting a signal from God.

"I went into prayer," she said. "God, if you think I'm supposed to run, you gotta tell me, and it has to be so clear that not even I can miss it.' And I haven't gotten that yet," Winfrey told the magazine.

As The Hill noted, Trump also went after Winfrey after she interviewed voters on CBS '60 Minutes.'

"Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes," Trump tweeted. "The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect."

"Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!" he continued.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...