23-Year-Old Graduate Drowns After Falling Into River While Taking Selfies

A 23-year-old Kabarak University graduate drowned after he slipped and fell into a river while he was taking phone selfies with his friends on the bank of the waterway.

The incident happened at the Molo River in Lelechwet Sub-Location, Rongai Constituency in Nakuru County on Friday evening, December 29.

His friends unsuccessfully tried to rescue him, given the depth of the river, which is estimated to be 20 feet deep.

The body of the ex-Kabarak University student, who graduated in 2016 with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, is yet to be retrieved.

The deceased was the second born in a family of five siblings. Divers from Nakuru County disaster response unit arrived at the scene at 1:30pm Saturday.

Keter's father Henry Kilel eulogized his son as a hard working person, who had passion for education. Kilel learnt of his son's death while at Salgaa trading centre on Friday evening.

He recounted spending time with Keter on Thursday, December 28 at 2pm before he (Keter) left in the company of his friends.

"I received news about my son's death at 7pm Friday while at Salgaa trading centre. The news broke my heart," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...