Too Old? Meet the 21-year-old Student Whose Boyfriend is Often Confused With Her Father (Photo)

Too Old? Meet the 21-year-old Student Whose Boyfriend is Often Confused With Her Father (Photo)

Age gap love can cause controversy - and this pairing is no exception. A 21-year-old student has found love with a man who is three times her age.

Alexandria Gayton-Gutierrez has been dating Jonathan Geffner, 64, since the pair "met" on Facebook.

After visiting each other months after chatting, the couple claim they are unfazed when people mistake them for father and daughter.

The duo's relationship began when they started chatting on social media.

As both were fans of US comedian Harpo Marx, they quickly bonded over their mutual interest on a Facebook fan page.

Even though Alexandria was only 19 at the time, a friendship soon blossomed between them.

Jonathan recalled: "I told her about my work as a ventriloquist, my daughters - Michelle, now 20, and Sabrina, now 17."

"I learnt she was about to go to college and lived 1,800 miles away San Antonio, Texas."

After weeks of chatting every day, the couple began developing feelings for one another.

Divorcee Jonathan admitted: "The chat got personal. I complimented her, I thought she was wonderful and very beautiful."

Alexandria recalls falling head over heels in May 2016, adding: "I told him I thought he was very attractive (and) that I really liked him."

At first, the 64-year-old was wary about their relationship, telling his lover that he was "too old for her".

But over time, he couldn't deny that there was chemistry between them.

Jonathan confessed: "She'd sometimes say she was falling in love with me. I was trying to fight it, but truthfully I felt the same."

He told Alexandria: "It would be a mistake to be with you, and it would be a bigger mistake not to pursue a relationship with you."

A few weeks after professing their feelings for one another, the ventriloquist flew three hours to visit his internet lover.

During the trip in November 2016, he introduced his teenage daughter to his girlfriend.

When Alexandria's parents met her boyfriend for the first time, they had no idea how strong the feelings were.

In their first week together, the pair shared their first kiss, with Jonathan admitting: "I realised she was the one".

Since then, the student has been living in halls as she works towards a university degree in music.

The couple now split their time travelling back and forth to see each other.

Even though Alexandria's parents and friends were initially concerned by the relationship, they have come to accept it.

The same can't always be said about strangers that cross the duo in the streets.

Thankfully, they have learned to laugh at the awkward questions and staring.

Jonathan said: "People do sometimes think we are father and daughter, but we just laugh it off.

"It might be unusual, but our relationship works."

Via Daily Star UK

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...