Kind-Hearted Woman Raises 30,000 Pounds To Save Husband's Ex-Wife From Cancer

Kind-Hearted Woman Raises 30,000 Pounds To Save Husband's Ex-Wife From Cancer

A kind-hearted wife has raised £30,000 to help save her husband's ex-spouse, Daily Mail UK, reports.

Clare Hitchen, 45, raised the sum after Nicola, 41, was told that there was nothing United Kingdom doctors could do to treat her stage four cervical cancer. Her online appeal has now raised £30,000 of its £50,000 target to pay for pioneering chemotherapy therapy in Turkey.

Mother-of-two Nicola, from Chester, has already undergone five 10-day sessions of treatment in Istanbul with remarkable success. The treatment has already set her back by £80,000 but Clare is raising the £50,000 needed to complete it.

Clare said: "Niki, the boys, Niki's mum Helena and step-dad Bruce along with myself and Andy have been overwhelmed by the love, support and kind messages coming through.

"It has really shown that in this world we live in, there are still so many kind and caring people who have united in their support to help a loving mother overcome cancer and be there for her children.

"We thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts."

Nicola Hitchen, 41, was told that there was nothing doctors could do to treat her stage four cervical cancer

Nicola, who works as a school administrator, has been touched by the support from her parents and sons, Joseph, 14, and Jacob, 12, as well as her ex-husband Andy, who recovered from Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, and his wife Clare.

"It's brought us all even closer together," she said. "The support I've been given has been phenomenal, not just from my family but from complete strangers too. I didn't think people liked me that much."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...