'Why We Didn't Vote For Donald Trump'- George W Bush Family Finally Reveal

'Why We Didn't Vote For Donald Trump'- George W Bush Family Finally Reveal

A former US President, George W Bush has lambasted Donald Trump saying, "this guy doesn't know what it means to be President."

Bush and his father, George HW Bush, shared their thoughts on Mr Trump as part of a new book about the two former Presidents.

In the new book entitle, "The Last Republication", written by historian, Mark Updegrove, the senior Bush said, "I don't like him. I don't know much about him, but I know he's a blowhard. And I'm not too excited about him being a leader."

The younger Bush had earlier described Donald Trump's inauguration speech in March as "some weird s**t."

Last month he said of Trump's government, "Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.

"[The founders of the Munich conference] would be alarmed by an increasing turn away from universal values and toward old ties of blood and race and sectarianism."

It is also on record that both Republican presidents did not vote for Trump in the election.

George HW Bush said he voted for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, while his son told Mr Updegrove he did not vote for anyone.

"I voted 'None of the Above' for president , and Republican down ballot in 2016," he said of choosing not to support Trump.

He went on to say it was "a strange election year."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...