It's Not My Responsibility to Track Nnamdi Kanu - Gov. Ikpeazu Speaks After Meeting in Aso Rock

It's Not My Responsibility to Track Nnamdi Kanu - Gov. Ikpeazu Speaks After Meeting in Aso Rock

While speaking in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after a meeting with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, on Thursday, said it was not his responsibility to track Nnamdi Kanu, who is believed to be on the run

According to a report by PUNCH Newspaper, the governor who described the embattled leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Kanu as his brother, noted that the IPOB leader was not in the custody of the state government.

"Those who are looking for him may have a better knowledge and have the capacity to determine the location of anyone in Nigeria. There are people who are trained to track people and it is their responsibility, not mine," the governor said.

Ikpeazu said government was trying to set up a committee for the MSME Council and he was a critical stakeholder because his state is currently the SME hub of Nigeria, adding that the patronage of Made-in-Nigeria products in Abia was growing.

Part of the direct fallout of the campaign since the past 24 months, he said, was that some parts of Ariaria Market where the shoe-making enterprise was flourishing had enjoyed steady power for three weeks now on a pilot scheme courtesy of the agency in charge of rural power supply.

Beyond that, he said his government was interfacing and having better relationship with funding agencies and was able to attract about N1.3bn or N1.4 bn on direct sales from the Made-in-Aba shoes and dresses.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...