Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Addresses Reports Linking Him to Monkeypox Virus Hoax

Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Addresses Reports Linking Him to Monkeypox Virus Hoax

A socio-activist group, Igbos for Nigeria Movement (INM), had earlier on Wednesday, identified Emmanuel Kanu, the younger brother of IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu as the face allegedly behind the recent Monkey Pox vaccine hoax in the South East region of the country.

The group also urged the Federal Government through law enforcement agencies to stop IPOB from continuing to create panic across the country even after it has been outlawed as a terrorist organization.

In a swift reaction over the allegation, the younger brother to the leader of Independent Peoples of Biafra, in a statement sent to NAIJ.com, denied the report that accused him of being behind the recent Monkey Pox vaccine hoax in the southeast.

Emmanuel Kanu described the group as faceless, adding that the leader of the group was blind to the activities of IPOB.

He said: "Does it mean out of desperation faceless groups emerge everyday just for the sake of making headline on hard copy and social media. Obviously, whoever claims to be the president is apparently not an Igbo or Biafra person and at such remains very blind to the activities of IPOB. I don't know anything INM and where they exist from.

"Obviously that name sounds more like a brown envelope name. If INM wants to engage me, they should do so through appropriate channels. And I don't go by the name Emma Powerful. Emma Powerful remains one and only IPOB spokesperson while I am Prince Emmanuel kanu."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...