Police Warn Nigerian Celebrities Against Flaunting Wealth Online

Police Warn Nigerian Celebrities Against Flaunting Wealth Online

The spokesperson for the Zone 2 Police Command, Onikan, which supervises Ogun and Lagos police commands, SP Dolapo Badmus, has advised Nigerians to stop flaunting their wealth on social media, explaining that it makes them "susceptible to attacks."

Badmus was reacting to a post on Instagram by ace comedian, Ayo Makun. In the post, the comedian had displayed money spent on his brother, Yomi Casuals, during his wedding at the weekend.

While the post generated mixed comments on social media, the police spokeswoman said his action is worrisome and could expose his brother and newly wedded wife to danger.

She said AY's action would also increase the worries of the Police. She wrote; "Why should @aycomedian post this on social media, he is making his brother @yomicasual and his newly wedded wife susceptible to attack and also increase the worries of the police.

"The reason people should avoid flaunting wealth on social media. Let's take caution, please."

Ayo Makun has since deleted the video. On Monday, October I6, 2017, AY shared a video of wads of Nigerian and foreign currency from his brother, Yomi Casual's wedding.

The video showed a counting machine and people sorting the proceeds from the wedding into sacks and bags.

"I remember making only 75k at my wedding...chai
@yomicasual and @fabjewel there is God o." AY wrote.

AY has deleted the video from his Instagram page following criticisms that trailed his post but the video had gone viral.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...