How billionaire kidnapper Evans' mother destroyed his life- Aggrieved father reveals

How billionaire kidnapper Evans' mother destroyed his life- Aggrieved father reveals

Father of Chukwudi Dumeme Onwuamadike aka Evans, the billionaire kidnapper, yesterday said he lived from hand to mouth despite his son's stupendous wealth.

During an interview with Telegraph at his country home at Akammili, Umudim, Nnewi, Anambra State, Evans' father, Stephen Onwuamadike, said: "My son is a good boy, but his mother misled him.
I was devastated when I heard the news through a telephone call; since that call, I had not been able to sleep. I was one of the early millionaires that emerged from this town until things went wrong courtesy of my first wife in 1985.
She caused me so many problems and eventually caused my financial ruins. In fact, she brought me down to where I am today. I'm suffering and I can barely put food on my table.
My estranged wife kept interfering in his academics. You won't believe that my son has not visited home since 2008. The last time I saw him was 10 years ago. I asked him the sort of business he was into.
He said he was into drug trafficking. I advised him to desist because it was an illicit business and the law was against it. I told him plainly that it was better to be involved in a legitimate business and wait for God's blessings.
I did good business and it thrived; I was very successful. I have travelled to so many countries of the world in the course of my business. His mother started manipulating him when he was only 3 years old; look at where it has got him.
I don't even have his phone number. I'm pleading with the Nigerian authorities to have mercy on him and give him a second chance. He was misdirected and misled by his mother.
I heard about all the millions, and I said to myself, do I have such manner of rich son and the roof over my house is leaking. I now survive by selling pigs."

Evans' stepmother, Etty Onwuamadike, broke down in tears. She said: "Chukwudumeje is a nice boy when he lived with me. The only gift I gave him years back was the Holy Bible. I don't want my son to die. I'm still convinced he will serve God."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...