Biafra is My Life - IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu

Biafra is My Life - IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has said that the agitation for Biafra is his life. He said nothing would distract him from the pursuit of the cause.

Kanu stated this ‎yesterday when he paid a 'thank you' visit to the Eastern Consultative Assembly (ECA) top members in Enugu, including Chief (Mrs.) Maria Okwor, Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Ukoh, among others.

The IPOB leader, who expressed gratitude for the support showed to him by the group, said he chose the option of fighting to liberate the people of Biafra and that there was no going back about it.

He said: "I have chosen the option that we must be free as a people; that we must be liberated as a race and that we must have our God-given freedom and I would not want to go to Heaven to experience it. I want to experience it here.

"I thank all of you that worked very hard, especially the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM); I must be specific, and the Eastern Consultative Assembly and all the market men and women, those that close their shops to see us and all those who made efforts to ensure that I was not consumed.

"I thank all of you; those who contributed to my being here today because without your pressure, I don't think I will be here. However, the work is not done yet, we need to finish it.

"I desire Biafra, I want Biafra, I want nothing else other than Biafra, I will not settle for anything else other than Biafra. That was what I was born to do and that is what I will do till the day Biafra will come that we may live as free men on this very Earth as the Most High God ordained it.

Kanu, who described the bail conditions given to him by the court as "obnoxious and unconstitutional," vowed to challenge it in the days ahead.

"On those we left behind, we are making efforts to see that they come out because they committed no crime. All we are seeking for is freedom; a return to the values we had before the advent of white men. A situation where people move their cows into our farms and slaughter our people will no longer be tolerated," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...