I started robbing after my primary education - 22-year-old suspect confesses

I started robbing after my primary education - 22-year-old suspect confesses

Police in Lagos State has taken into Custody a robber suspect identified as Ifeanyi Okorie, who disclosed how he began robbing after his primary school education.
According to the Punch, Okorie was said to have left Enugu State to Lagos where he carried out his robbery operations at the Ladipo Market in the Mushin area.

The 22-year-old, it was gathered, was arrested along two other accomplices, names given as Ejike Francis and Oboho Nuel, at the market.

According to a police source, a pump-action rifle, a locally-made pistol and 13 unexpended cartridges were recovered from the suspects.

The chief suspect, Okorie revealed that immediately after he finished primary school, he declined furthering his education and opted for robbery.

He said, "I abandoned schooling after my primary school education. I am based in Enugu State. I was arrested in Lagos State. I was caught in Ladipo Market in the Mushin area. The owner of the pump-action rifle is our gang leader. His name is Ebuka Mbajide.

"We had gone to the Mushin area to loot some shops when the police arrested us. They did not switch on the headlight of their patrol vehicle, so we did not notice them."

The police source said the police mounted manhunt for three fleeing members of the gang.

He said, "The robbery suspects were transferred to SARS from the Olosan division.

"Most of them were based in Enugu State and came to Lagos for the robbery operation. They were six in the gang, but three of them have been arrested, while three persons escaped."

Commissioner of Police in the state, Fatai Owoseni, while parading the suspects, said investigation was ongoing.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...