I will not abandon Biafra struggle despite attacks on my life - Uwazuruike

I will not abandon Biafra struggle despite attacks on my life - Uwazuruike

Leader of the Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike has insisted that no amount of harassment from those against the actualisation of Biafra will make him back down, stressing that the struggle for Biafra will continue to wax stronger.
He disclosed that several attempts were made on his life and his property but he has resolved not to back out.

The BIM leader said this through his Director of Information, Mr. Chris Mocha as part of activities to mark the 17th anniversary of Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, in September.

Uwazuruike maintained that when MASSOB which metamorphosed into BIM, was formed in 1999, nobody gave the group any chance of survival but maintained that the group has continued to grow in strength.

The BIM leader disclosed that between May 23, 2000 to May 22, 2013, the group lost about 3,006 of its members to forces against the struggle, adding that, "they also destroyed my cars in Lagos and confiscated my 3 Sports Utility Vehicle, BMW motorcycle and a Yamaha generator."

Uwazuruike accused the police of demanding the sum of N5m as protection fee and upon his refusal; he was advised to go on exile.

"But when I refused to go on exile, there were regular invasions of my residence and MASSOB secretariat by security agencies, yet the struggle refused to die," the BIM leader said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...