My Release Is Meaningless Until Every Political Prisoner Is Freed- FFK

My Release Is Meaningless Until Every Political Prisoner Is Freed- FFK

Former Minister of Aviation and spokesman for the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Fani-Kayode, who was released Friday night, has said his release from Government's custody 67 days after his detention is meaningless until every political prisoner is freed. He mentioned the case of Dasuki and Omisore, saying they need to be freed as well so they can defend themselves.

"It was quite an ordeal. It was an ordeal. But I thank God that I am free and that I have been given an opportunity to defend myself in court when the case starts - I am looking forward to that. Outside of that, the truth is that as long as others who are also political prisoners and have been falsely accused are still in (security agencies') custody our country, then I believe that my freedom is meaningless.
"So, until every single political prisoner or every single person falsely accused by the state, by the government and the EFCC has been released; has been given the opportunity to defend himself in court; and until that happens, I don't think any of us is free. We still have people like Sambo Dasuki, Iyiola Omisore and many others in prison or EFCC's custody," he told.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...