Adeboye opens biggest Church in Ibadan, urges Nigerians to imbibe 'change'

Adeboye opens biggest Church in Ibadan, urges Nigerians to imbibe 'change'

Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) on Sunday in Ibadan, prayed fervently for the nation's prosperity as he inaugurated the new Region 21 headquarters.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the newly inaugurated stadium-like church was the RCCG Covenant Sanctuary, Region 21 headquarters located in Oluyole Estate area of Ibadan.

Adeboye also prayed for the prosperity of the citizenry and the nation at large, saying he was in Ibadan for the inauguration and for people of Ibadan.

He urged the people not to lose hope in whatever challenges that come their way, adding that those with God would always triumph over tribulations.

In his remarks at the occasion, Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State urged the people not to lose hope but pray for the state and the nation at large.

Ajimobi, who was represented by his deputy, Chief Moses Adeyemo, said that the change being preached by the incumbent administration was positive.

"If we can effect positive change in our minds and the way we serve God, I am very sure that all will be well with the nation," he said.

He solicited the support of the people to enable the administration succeed, so that the country could be a better place for all.

The governor congratulated Adeboye on the successful completion of the magnificent church in Ibadan.

"I learnt that this newly inaugurated church is one of the biggest in Africa.

"I congratulate Pastor Adeboye on this success and implore Christians across the nation to unite. With unity you can overcome all challenges," he said.

Earlier in his address, Pastor Dele Balogun, the Pastor-in-Charge of the new headquarters, thanked Pastor Adeboye and his wife for their financial, moral and spiritual support that assisted in completing the project.

He gave glory to God for the completion of the Church despite the numerous challenges encountered.

He also thanked all those who contributed to the project and prayed God to reward them abundantly. (NAN)

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...