The Kaduna state government terminated the employment of 65 teachers who were said to be "illegally" recruited.
According to the Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Mr. Tandat Katuma who confirmed the sack on Friday January 22nd, the teachers were recruited illegally in Sanga Local Government Area of the state. Katuma served as the secretary of the investigation committee.
The council chairman, Charles Danladi who also confirmed the sack, revealed that the anomaly was detected through the over-bloated wage bill of the teachers which kept increasing every month without new employment.
Danladi said after he raised the alarm during the state's Joint Account Committee Meeting which was chaired by the deputy governor, SUBEB was asked to launch an investigation.
It was gathered that the SUBEB officials involved in the illegal recruitment exercise had been sanctioned.