Shocking: Man Strangles Wife To Death Over Addiction To Social Media

A man who apparently got fed up with his own wife over her obnoxious acts, has committed an unbelievable crime afterwards.

Shocking: Man Strangles Wife To Death Over Addiction To Social Media

According to The Sun UK, a woman was strangled to death in her sleep by her husband because of her addiction to social media.

Cops in India arrested Hariom, 35, on Friday after he was found lying next to her body and he told them he had become fed up with his wife Luxmi, 32, spending hours on social networking sites.

He claimed he had become upset that she would ignore him and their children and instead spend hours on her mobile.

Hariom is believed to have killed Luxmi while she was sleeping at their flat in Gurgaon, near Delhi, late on Thursday night.

Balwant Singh, Luxmi's father, visited their home the following morning and found her her lying on a bed with Hariom sitting near the body, according to the Times of India.

Her father then called the police and he was arrested.

Hariom said:"We got married in 2006 and had two children. All was fine for the first few years and then I got her a Smartphone.

"In the past two years, the phone gradually changed her, and she started ignoring me and the children.

"It seemed that the children and I had ceased to exist for her.

"She would not cook meals or do any household chores; she would not take the kids to school or help them do homework. She spent days and nights on Facebook and WhatsApp.

"I initially ignored all, thinking she would soon get bored with all these but things only got worse. We were fighting every day and the children were also under stress."

Hariom also claimed it was because of Luxmi's addiction to her phone and negligence towards the family that he was forced to send his kids - an eight-year-old daughter and a 10-year-old son - to a boarding school in Kurukshetra.

But, he says Luxmi remained unaffected by the kids' absence and started spending more time on her phone instead.

Hariom told cops:"She would never let me see her social media accounts. I suspected she was having an affair online.

"We again had a big fight on Thursday night and when we went to sleep, I knew I could not take it anymore."

Investigating officer Dinkar Yadav said:"The accused claims that his wife was ignoring him and spending too much time on Facebook and WhatsApp, and thus he killed her."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...