My Wife Is Having An Affair With A Landlord On Our Street - Ibadan Man Makes Shocking Claim

My Wife Is Having An Affair With A Landlord On Our Street - Ibadan Man Makes Shocking Claim

Adeyemi Olasupo, a businessman, has told Oja Oba/Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, that he was no more interested in his 20-year-old marriage to his wife, Opeyemi Olasupo.

According to Nigerian Tribune, Adeyemi, in his divorce suit, stated that his wife was untrustworthy, unreliable and promiscuous. He added that she was having an affair with one of the landlords on their street.

He therefore prayed the court to terminate their marriage and grant him custody of their three children.

Opeyemi agreed to the divorce, but debunked all her husband had said before the court.

"My lord, my wife has misplaced the trust I have in her. I have dealt with her in trust for the two decades we have been married, but she has ended up disappointing me.

"I did all in my power to take care of her and our children. I ensured their needs were met and that they fare well, but she's never contented. Rather than being appreciative of all that I do, she nags and complains.

"I have, therefore, developed a tough skin against this attitude of hers.

"My lord, my wife is promiscuous. She's having an affair with one of the landlords on our street.

Since this landlord's house is close to ours, she finds it easy sneaking into his house to carry out their illicit affair which is no more a secret in our neighbourhood.

"She has thus turned me into a laughing stock on our street.

"My lord, a woman who sleeps around like my wife can kill and I don't want to die before my time. I, therefore plead that you separate us," the plaintiff stated.

Opeyemi acceded to divorce but told the court that her husband's claims were lies.

"My lord, my husband is a liar and he's looking for all means to throw me out of his wife," the defendant told the court.

"Hell has been let loose in our home since he took a new wife. His new wife is always on my neck. She has succeeded in causing a rift between me and my husband. She comes up with tales about me and these spread like fire.

"Her behaviour makes us to be at loggerhead always; we fight endlessly. My husband unfortunately is always in her support which I find painful.

"I agree to divorce because my life is no longer safe with them since we live under the same roof.

"I pray the court to grant me custody of our children," she concluded.

After listening to the evidence given by both parties, the court president, Chief Ademola Odunade, observed that there was no more love between them.

Ruling, he dissolved their marriage and gave custody of the three children in the marriage to the plaintiff.

Odunade ordered the plaintiff to give the defendant N3, 000 through the court to pack her belongings out of his home.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...