Unbelievable: Pastor Burns Young Nephew's Hands to Teach Him a Lesson (Photo)

Unbelievable: Pastor Burns Young Nephew's Hands to Teach Him a Lesson (Photo)

A six-year-old Zimbabwean boy from somerby Estate is now nursing serious wounds on both plams after he was allegedly burnt by his aunt on suspicion he had stolen their neighbour's sweet potatoes.

According to H-Metro, the minor has been treated at Norton Hospital but he is still in serious pain.

When H-Metro visited the minor at their plot, his aunt-Constance Saruchera (37) acknowledged that the boy got burnt but denied she deliberately did so.

She however blamed the fracas on evil spirits but did not lodge a complaint with the police.

A source close to the goings on said Saruchera has been ill-treating her nephew since she started staying with him.

"This child has been nursing injuries for more than 2 weeks now, his aunt has been hiding him from the community because she was scared of criticism.

"She was officially training as a pastor at the community church, Grace Zaphanath Ministries and I could not believe what she has done to this poor child.

"My nephew is the one who went to her house the day the incident took place and he saw Saruchera placing an iron plate on the fire saying she wanted to burn her traditional medicine.

"One of her children told my nephew and other children who were there to vacate and that is when the incident took plce." said the source.

Saruchera also blamed the community for trying to bring her down spiritually.

"I confirm that my nephew hands are burnt but I was not the one who pushed him, was trying to warm him against stealing from neighbors as had become a habit.

"I would never do that to him, he is like a son to me. Warning him against the habit," Saruchera said.

The mother of three has since been expelled from attending her lessons and was relegated to n ordinary church member.

She explained that her nephew lost balance and placed his hands o the red hot iron plate.

"I hope you are aware of how evil spirits work. I do not comprehend what happened. He lost balance which led him to place his hands on the iron plate." added Saruchera.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...