Man Rushed to Hospital for Treatment Ends Up Being Beaten Up by a Nurse at Night

Man Rushed to Hospital for Treatment Ends Up Being Beaten Up by a Nurse at Night

According to Daily Sun SA, the 17-year-old's family had hoped he'd be treated well, but they are now angry with Leratong Hospital in Mogale City, Gauteng.

Awelani claimed he was clapped three times by a nurse who accused him of pulling out a drip from his arm at night.

But Aweni said the drip wasn't put in correctly, and it often fell out during the night.

"I tried to put it back a couple of times, but with no luck," he claimed.

"The next morning I was woken up by hot claps and a nurse shouting at me. She accused me of pulling out the drip."

He only told his family about the incident after being discharged from the hospital.

Awelani said the incident happened on 9 July after he was admitted on 18 June. He was discharged on 21 July.

His gogo Sbongile Zicina (56) said: "I just want to see the nurse who did this to our grandson. We've been to the hospital three times, but nothing happened."

Gauteng health spokesman Prince Hamnca said they were aware of the matter.

"The department can confirm that the complaint was received, and an investigation has been initiated.

"The family was met and the details of the patient's medical records, treatment, as well as his stay in hospital was discussed in detail.

"The department views the matter in a serious light and is finalising the investigation, which will determine the disciplinary process to be followed.

"Another meeting will be scheduled with the patient and his family to discuss the outcome of the investigation."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...