'Yahoo Boy' Who Uses Instagram To Dupe People Arrested (Photo)

'Yahoo Boy' Who Uses Instagram To Dupe People Arrested (Photo)

A student of Ire Polytechnic, Osun State who reportedly uses fake Instagram shopping account to dupe people has been arrested.

EFCC Ibadan office nabbed Afolabi Ojo, an internet fraudster, who allegedly engages members of the public in a phony online shopping on Instagram and WhatsApp respectively.

The suspect was arrested following a petition from a complainant alleging that sometime in June, 2017, while window shopping on Instagram, she came across some slippers and shoes on a page "Best Classic Store" owned by one purported Kemisola with WhatsApp number 08106802815 displayed on the page.

According to the petitioner, a sum of N53,000 was paid for some items purchased on the online store (Best Classic), into an account purportedly owned by one Oyebola Olasunkanmi with account number 0027735703 domiciled in one of the first generation banks.

Strangely thereafter, the suspect not only refused to deliver the goods, but went incommunicado. Hence, the suspect was reported to the EFCC. On arrest, Ojo confessed to being the one posing as 'Kemisola' on Instagram, to deceive people especially ladies into patronizing him.

He said: "I do not have any goods. I only pose as a lady using the name 'Kemisola' with the handle "Best Classic Store" on Instagram. Some of the items I used to display for sale include female shoes, slippers, hand bags and wallet. After I have lured my victim to pay, I will disable him from my chat so that he can no longer reach me".

EFCC said the suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...