Photo: Two notorious robbers caught by Lagos State police

Photo: Two notorious robbers caught by Lagos State police

Two notorious robbers have been caught and paraded by the Lagos State police.

They were arrested at Igboelerin area of Lagos where a robbery suspect, 26-year-old Yakubu Sadiq, was caught and handed over to police by Okada riders when his gun went off prematurely during a foiled robbery operation.

Sadiq was caught alongside his partner Ayemojuba Saidi in the foiled rubbery attempt.

He confessed they were seven in the gang and they operate by burgling apartments while occupants were away on their daily activities. They also confessed to robbing motorcycles and selling them at giveaway prices.

Speaking to Vanguard, he said, "We are seven members in the gang. We usually robbed motorcycles and sold them at give away prices. We board motorcycles-two persons on each.

"On the way, we would order the riders to get down. Thereafter, we would take the motorbikes to where we would sell them at give away prices. My share from the sale of stolen motorcycles ranged between N18,000 and N20,000.

"I rent guns from a friend who I met at a smoking joint. At the end of each operation, I pay him N5,000.

"At times, we would look out for apartments whose occupants had either gone to work or market. We would go in from the kitchen and remove electronics. We usually sell the television sets at Alaba Market for between N15,000 and N17,000.

"We do converge at FOA Primary School, Cassidy, to smoke before embarking on any operation. At times we dispossess passers-by of their valuables if we did not succeed in any operation." he said.

Narrating how he was arrested, he said: "The gun I had gave me away. Chucks and I went to Igboelerin to snatch a motorcycle as usual. As I was about to mount the motorbike, a bullet from the gun exploded, causing the motorcyclist to raise the alarm as he took to his heels.

"The motorcycle landed on me and before I could regain my balance, other motorcyclists descended on me and handed me over to the Police."

Efforts are been made by the Police to arrest other members of the gang.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...