16-Year Old Found Dead After Being Bullied On Social Media

16-Year Old Found Dead After Being Bullied On Social Media

Britney Mazzoncini, 16, was found dead after suffering a torrent of vile online bullying. She took to social media to tell of her torment in the days leading up to her death.

She was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Thursday from her home in Glasgow but could not be saved.

Britney was subjected to online bullying and stopped using Facebook days before she died, reports the Daily Record.

Last Friday, Britney posted a message on Facebook saying: "Starting to get sick of wee lassies calling me a riddy and this and that.

"As I've said, if you have a problem with me then delete me and if you're being cheeky then you will just be blocked.

"Really cannot be bothered with all the petty arguing. Just grow up man seriously and to all my fake pals commenting slagging me as well F*** YOU."

The following day she posted: "Not gonna be using this Facebook for a few days - if you need me Snapchat me or mail my other account thank you."

In June, Britney posted: "Words do hurt people and people need to start to realise that before it's too late."

Yesterday, Britney's dad Raymond Mazzoncini, 35, and mum Annette McKenzie, 34, uploaded photographs of their daughter to Facebook in tribute to her.

Police said her death is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be submitted to the fiscal.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...