Police arrest teenager in connection with death of Nigerian student in London

Police arrest teenager in connection with death of Nigerian student in London

A yet-to-be identified 15-year-old boy has been arrested by the London police in connection with the death of a Nigerian student, Fola Orebiyi, who was reportedly stabbed to death on Sunday in Notting Hill, London, by a gang of youths
Evening Standard UK, had reported that Orebiyi was stabbed in a street clash close to Westbourne Grove just yards from the Portobello Arts Club.

The 17-year-old was reportedly involved in a fight on a nearby estate with a gang of youths, who chased him into the busy road where he was attacked and bled to death.

In the latest development, an investigation into the murder has yielded an arrest.

An anonymous teenager was quoted to have told the police, "I know what happened, he was protecting a friend over a silly beef which turned violent."

A teenager, who also pleaded anonymity, said that Orebiyi was stabbed in the neck in front of shocked passersby and tourists.

An eyewitness, Mark Gettleson said, "People saw him fall down and try to get to his feet again. Police and paramedics tried to resuscitate him for a long time, they did everything they could.

"It's absolutely tragic another young man has died on our streets," Gettleson added.

Another witness, a mother-of-one said she stood by and watched as the police tried to save the bleeding boy. She also added that the ambulance wasted time in arriving the scene.

She said, "It was traumatising. It took half an hour for the ambulance to arrive even though there are hospitals all around. I spoke to the person who called the police and he said it took them so long to get here.

"The police were all on him trying to resuscitate. All I could see were his feet and lots of blood. I'm a mum, for me this is so sad, that's someone's child. That's someone's baby."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...