OAP Toke Makinwa Cautions Against Long Term Courtship

OAP Toke Makinwa Cautions Against Long Term Courtship

OAP Toke Makinwa airs her view about long term relationship, she says....

"I do not understand why you should date someone for more than two and a half years. That is my take. I feel like if you meet someone, two years is decent, two and half years is decent, By three years, its like 'what again are your trying to find out'.

What didn't you find out in the first and second year. I feel like 5 years is taking the piece and for seven years, you are absolutely having a laugh. By 10 years, it's like "are you the lord of the rings? I can say this because I have been in a long term relationship so I can tell you how I feel about it. My answer is no because I feel like often times, long courtships do not translate to a happy marriage.

Sometimes you find people who date forever and when they get married, they don't make it past that year or two or three years. You find people who get married in a year and a half and 10 years down the line, they are still together. When people show you who they are, you have to believe them.

If you find yourself in a five year, seven years 10 years relationship, it is enough for you to sit back and ask the guy what is going on and where are we going to?

Why would you want to date someone for seven years. In that seven years, some people have gotten together, gotten married, had children, divorced and you are still this person's girlfriend. There is nothing that you would not find out in three years that you want to find out in eight years."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...