Show how much you care with love quotes from Maya Angelou, Jay Z and more.
"I Love You": Those three little words can take weeks, months or even years to say - no matter how much you care about someone. You've seen it done in the movies, on TV shows, in books and you've even uttered it in past relationships. But when it comes to saying it with someone new, it can feel just like the first time. Is it too early? Too late? The right time? The right setting? Will they say it back?
It's also three of the most beautiful words a person can utter or hear.
We dug around for 20 meaningful love quotes from poems, books, movies and songs that are just as powerful as the beautiful phrase itself.
1. "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'" - Erich Fromm
2. "I love you so, But why I love you, I'll never know." Jay Z, Why I Love You
3. "If I love you, what business is it of yours?" -. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. "I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations. Wanting nothing in return, except that you allow me to keep you here in my heart, that I may always know your strength, your eyes, and your spirit that gave me freedom and let me fly." - Coco J. Ginger
5. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then." - Cassandra Clare, City of Glass