Nigerian medical doctor narrates what happened after waking up during surgery

Nigerian medical doctor narrates what happened after waking up during surgery

A Nigerian Medical Doctor, Lole Gbarale, who recently underwent a surgery after she noticed a sharp pain in my right lower abdomen, has recounted what happened after she woke during the surgery due to anesthetic failure.

According to her, the incident traumatized as she still dreams about it.
Here's her story;

"it all happened like a flash... I was at the salon wt my friend Edikan when i noticed a sharp pain in my right lower abdomen. I just brushed it off... I mean we were preparing to jet out the next morning.. So we finished and went to see a movie, now by the time we finished i literally couldn't walk anymore.

The doctor in us kicked in... And i paused and quickly examined myself and elicited the signs to diagnose acute appendicitis and they were all positive.. So we go do a scan and it was true... Went to see a surgeon to clear me to fly the next morning and he examines me and says "if u as much as go a lil feet in d air, the pressure will cause rupture.. U need a surgery tomorrow.

Now this was already 8pm on sunday. I called my Dad and explained and called my bestie and immediately she got ready to fly down to were i was the nxt morning. NOW TO THE SCARY PART; "MY AWARENESS UNDER ANESTHESIA" SO I AM TAKEN TO THE THEATRE, PREPPED FOR SURGERY AND INJECTED THE ANESTHETICS AND MUSCLE RELAXANT AND THEN MASKED AND BAGGED AND BRIEFLY I WAS OFF AND AFTER A WHILE I REALISED I WAS CONSCIOUS BUT BECAUSE OF THE MUSCLE RELAXANT I COULDNT MOVE.

SO I JUST ASSUMED THE SURGERY WAS OVER... THEN I FEEL THEM DRAPE ME AND THE NEXT THING I HEAR THE SURGEON SAY.. OKK SO WE ARE ABOUT TO START.... I AM LIKE WT!!!! WHAT DO U MEAN.

THE NEXT THING HE MAKES THE FIRST CUT THEY PULL.. AND I COULD FEEL EVERY SINGLE THING.. I TRIED TO MOVE SOMETHING BUT COULDNT... I TRIED... GOSH.. I STARTED PRAYING.. I WAS LIKE JESUS HELP ME! HELP ME! THIS PAIN IS TOO MUCH! PLS HELPPPPPP!! AND WHILE I TOT OKK ITS A LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY.. THERE WONT BE MORE CUTS... THE SURGEON SAYS OMG! SHE HAS MULTIPLE ADHESIONS.. WE HSVE TO DO AN OPEN SURGERY.. I AM LIKE NOOOOO... GOD NOOOOOO! AND THEN THEY START CUTTING AGAIN... LORD JESUS..HMMM.. WELL FINALLY IT ENDED AND IT WAS MY WORST NIGHTMARE.

I GOT OUT AND TEARS WELLED UP IN MY EYES. BECAUSE FOR OVER 3 AND A HALF HOURS OF SURGERY I WAS AWAKE! I STILL DREAM ABOUT IT... MY SURGEON AND ANESTHESIOLOGIST KEEP APOLOGISING...TRUTHFULLY I DONT BLAME THEM BCS THEY DDNT KNOW.. BUT IN ALL I AM GRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE AND WELL. THIS IS MY STORY. MY AWARENESs"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...