So you're writing exams in a bit and you want to have the edge over your peers by eating right.
What food do you consider then? What food would give your brain the necessary boost it needs for you to come out in flying colors?
Here they are:
1. Oily fish: Trout. Sardines. Mackerels. Salmons. These are amongst the healthiest types of fish, and they contain the very vital OMEGA 3 which is very essential to keeping a brain functioning at its utmost. A great meal to have right before an exam.
2. Eggs: A single serving of eggs, whether boiled, fried, or poached, contains a lot of proteins and other minerals, to keep your brain properly energised through out your exams. They're a great way to start the day.
3. Dark, leafy vegetables: Spinach for example, is packed with Vitamin K which goes a long way in building pathways in the brain, as well as naturally occurring nitrates and antioxidants.
Include plenty of vegetables in your diet. Stop seeing it as snack and view it as great food.
4. Peanut Butter : A lot of people erroneously believe that peanut butter is bad, and leads to pimples but it generally contains healthy fats and lots of proteins per serving.
5. Green Tea: The possibilities imbued just a cup of green tea are boundless.
Green coffee is a great way to give your brain a short jolt just before your exams. Not too much though, so you don't have a running tummy in the exam hall.