Lecturer/Pastor involved in 'Sex for Mark' scandal says he won't be pressured to speak up

Dr Boniface Igbeneghu has stated that he will not be speaking anytime soon on the allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him in the BBC SexForGrades investigative documentary that was released on Monday, October 7th.

Igbeneghu, a senior lecturer and also an associate pastor with the Foursquare Gospel Church, was caught on tape seeking sexual favours from a journalist who posed as a 17 year old student seeking his assistance in getting an admission in the University.

Lecturer/Pastor involved in 'Sex for Mark' scandal says he won't be pressured to speak up

ALSO READ: Lady with one arm shares her terrible experience in a church

When contacted by Punch, Igbeneghu said he would not be pressured to speak on the allegation.

"I work for the University of Lagos; if you want any reaction, talk to the university. Contact the information unit and they will tell you the correct position.

If I talk, I will be running foul of the varsity law. Don't put unnecessary pressure on me to say beyond what I have said," he said.

The University of Lagos and FourSquare Gospel Church have suspended him.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...