Cleaner finds more than £300,000 cash in brown envelope on London bus and hands it to police

A honest cleaner has left many happy after he found more than £300,000 in cash on a London bus and handed it over to the police instead of keeping the large amount of money that could've changed his life.

The cleaner, hired by Cordant Cleaning, found the money in a brown envelope after an absent-minded passenger left it there. The man, whose identity hasn't been disclosed yet, returned it to the Met police.

Cleaner finds more than £300,000 cash in brown envelope on London bus and hands it to police

Speaking on the various items they find on buses, Cordant boss Guy Pakenham said:

'More often than not I'm left shocked when my team tell me about the disgusting things they have to get rid of when cleaning buses up and down the UK.

'But I can only praise their dedication and good humour.

'They don't seem to be fazed by anything.

'Thankfully our staff are fully trained and equipped to deal with cleaning hazards like these.

'But we can only urge passengers that next time they defecate on the floor of a bus, or throw up their own false teeth, please remember to take all of your items with you.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...