The House of Representatives has approved that June 12 be marked as Democracy Day in Nigeria, Punch Metro reports. The approval followed the adoption of a report on a bill seeking to amend the Public Holidays Act 2004. Considering the report at the plenary on Thursday, the lawmakers approved the amendments to three clauses in the Act, as recommended in the report. One of the clauses deleted May 29 as Democracy Day and replaced the date with June 12.
AD: Get Thousands of Free Final Year Project Topics and Other Project Materials Sorted by Subject to Help With Your Research
Other related articles...
- Tinubu Reacts To Buhari's Declaration Of June 12 As Democracy Day And Bestowment of GCFR on Abiola
- MKO Abiola's daughter, Hafsat reacts to President Buhari declaring June 12th democracy day
- President Buhari officially changes Democracy Day to June 12 in honour of MKO Abiola, confers GCFR on Abiola.
- Abdulmumin Jibrin Must Apologize - House of Reps
- 37 House of Reps Members dump APC, 33 cross to PDP
- House of Reps Member Quits over Corrupt Politicians
- Cash Crunch Hits House of Reps Members
Trending This Week