Mike Ezuruonye's Impersonator, Ekoh Noel convicted and jailed

Mike Ezuruonye's Impersonator, Ekoh Noel convicted and jailed

Ekoh Noel who posed as nollywood actor Mike Ezuruonye and used his name to scam people on social media have been convicted and sentenced to one year in prison by the Federal High Court sitting in Benin City, Edo State.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) made the announcement on twitter saying:

"Ekoh Noel, who impersonated ace Nollywood actor, Mike Ezuruonye on Facebook to fraudulently obtain N12.4million from his victim has been sentenced to one year in prison by Justice P.I. Ajoku of a Fed High Court, Benin, Edo State."

And Mike Ezuruonye through a message on Twitter,commended the commission, for nabbing the culprit. The EFCC posted the tweet which read:

"Nollywood actor Mike Ezuruonye commends #TheEagle in Benin for helping to nab impersonators who used his name for romance scams," quoting Ezuruonye as stating that 'It's amazing that these women have come to believe that I am the one. They even use my picture, voice and old videos to defraud people'."

Recall that the actor in a recent interview, cried out that his life is being threatened by boyfriends and husbands, because they have been scammed by fraudsters, using his face.

"It's so so sad, I have gotten death threats from people, I have gotten from husbands of these people, boyfriends of these people, maybe because of the way I deal with it you know, that's another thing.

"The EFCC in Benin have been so helpful, I mean, it is really really bad. I have seen five people caught. There was a time it was so much the Inspector General of Police's office got my account investigated. I was invited to the IGP's office in Abuja, it was that bad." He said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...