No one dared tell Sam Loco to quit smoking - Son

In 2011, the Nigerian entertainment was thrown into mourning after the death of popular comic actor, Sam Loco Efe was announced. The veteran actor died of cardiac arrest. Aside from being one of the funniest actors of his generation, Sam Loco was known to be a heavy smoker.

Seven years down the line, one of his children, Omoruyi, relived some fond memories he had of his father.

He said, "Nobody could tell him to stop smoking because he was a very strict person. You couldn't tell him something like that, so we didn't see it as our business. However, we really miss him in the house because he had a very good sense of humour but he was a very busy person.

"We all expected him to retire so that we would have enough time to spend with him. He was also planning towards his retirement by building a farm in Abakaliki but death took him away suddenly," he said.

With an emotion-laden voice, Omoruyi said he always admired his father especially as an actor and his father hoped he would follow in his footsteps as an actor.

"I admired my daddy as an actor. All through my primary school days, I was into acting. He wanted me to go into acting after my WAEC before I got admission into the university and I was enrolled into the acting academy for a while before I gained admission into the university. I am very sure if I go into acting full time now, my dad would be very proud of me but I don't think I would go back to acting anytime soon," the late veteran's son said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...