Ex-Governorship Candidate, Senator Sulyman Drags Student Lover To Court Over N750k Spent On Her

Ex-Governorship Candidate, Senator Sulyman Drags Student Lover To Court Over N750k Spent On Her

An ex-Governorship candidate who contested for Kwara State Governorship, Senator Sulyman Makanjuola Ajadi has dragged his lover, Haleemat Temitope Abdulazeez to court over alleged fraud.

Senator Ajadi claimed his lover, who is a student of Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete defrauded him to the tune of N750,000.

The grounds of application filed before Magistrate Monisola Gbadeyan Kamson, stated that: "The plaintiff/applicant's claim against the defendant is for recovery of debt and/or liquidated money demanded which exceeds 20 pounds.

Ajadi who was examined in chief told the court that since Haleemat failed to cede to his marriage proposal, hence the need to claim money expended on her education.

The former lawmaker claimed he met his lover two years ago through a chatting social network; WhatsApp while he was on vacation in Abuja.

"I was in Abuja that day when I saw her message on my WhatsApp, I questioned if she knew me, she replied that she want to see me whenever I was in Ilorin. About two weeks later, I came to Ilorin and I notified her through WhatsApp.

"When she finally came to my house at Foyeke Street, Tanke area, she knelt, crying that I should please help her secure admission into either University of Ilorin, Al-Hikmah University or Kwara State University, Malete. I promised to help after asking of her parent," he stressed.

According to Ajadi, after securing admission at KWASU, she approached me for a loan of N550,000 to offset her school fees adding that the father promised to pay whenever government pays his 14-month salary arrears.

"I asked her to bring the requirements, it was all N550,000 and I paid it in instalment."

He further informed the court that their relationship took a dramatic twist the day he jokingly sought Haleemat's hand in marriage, adding that she stopped coming to him for about a month.

"When she finally released her father's phone numbers, they turned out to be contact saved on my phone as Imam Alasho Abayawo. That was when I became suspicious.

"Upon my insistence to know her parents, I called on my friend, a retired Permanent Secretary in the state, Alhaji Abdulramon Oyinloye who went with me. When I got there, I met only the mother outside the house, who came out from the dark... She later took us to another house, when I sensed something was amiss, I gave the girl N10,000 in annoyance and left not meeting the parent."

Ajadi further told the court that after a week, Haleemat visited him again to demand for a loan of N100.000 to boost her mother's business adding that he deposited the money into her bank account.

Barely two weeks after he paid the money into her account, Ajadi stressed that he paid another N100,000 to the same bank account following demand from Haleemat's father.

"Now that they've collected the money, things have changed. They hardly pick calls. The father did not make himself available again," he lamented.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain stated that despite informing one Dr. Oladimeji, who helped secure admission for the girl about the sudden change in her character, nothing has changed.

The court however adjourned the matter to 15th February, 2018 for cross examination and defence.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...